The Dr. Oetker World is located in a building that was constructed between 1913 and 1914 as the largest blancmange powder factory on the Continent. As regards this project, the theme of “building in existing contexts” is more accurately described as “building with the existing context”. The refurbishment concept envisaged not tearing down the old building fabric except for a few reminiscences, but simply using it. Publicly accessible areas are organised in horizontally and vertically connected volumes. Visitors are free to move around the building without entering the restricted areas such as the test kitchen, conference area and technical spaces.